What would your ultimate overland Jeep build look like? Each of our answers will be a little different, but they’ll probably share some common ground — mud tires and increased ground clearance for overcoming obstacles, a winch and other recovery tools for getting un-stuck, auxiliary lighting for visibility on dark trails, onboard communication and navigation gear, and plenty of storage for gear and supplies. Brownells teamed up with builder and fabricator Yeti Built to create their vision of the ultimate overland Jeep, dubbed the Adventure Dream Rig (ADR).
Last year at Overland Expo, Mike Glover and the RECOILtv film crew caught up with Brownells CEO Pete Brownell to take a closer look at the Adventure Dream Rig. Brownell drew an interesting comparison between modifying the Jeep and modifying common gun platforms like the AR-15. Each serves as a blank canvas for a slew of aftermarket accessories and upgrades, many of which can be installed in your garage or home workshop.
The Brownells ADR overland Jeep build was stripped down to the chassis and a Corvette LS3 V8 was installed, along with heavy-duty 8-lug axles and suspension parts from Teraflex. It then received sheetmetal bumpers, KC Hilites lighting, 40-inch Mickey Thompson tires on 17-inch beadlock wheels, a 10-inch body stretch, a custom all-aluminum hardtop, and internal and external roll cages. That’s barely scratching the surface. For an even more detailed look at the Brownells ADR Jeep, check out the video below:
- RECOILtv: Honda Monkey and Africa Twin MotorcyclesLight and maneuverable motorcycles might prove to be better bug-out vehicles for urban environments where trucks and SUVs would get stuck in gridlock.
- RECOILweb: Nighttime Off-Roading with IR Lights and Night VisionOff-roading in an overland vehicle with all the lights out is a memorable experience. We used IR lights and night vision to practice this bug-out skill.
- New: Pro Eagle Off-Road JacksIf you own a truck, SUV, or Jeep, there’s a pretty good chance you’ve also installed larger-diameter tires and a leveling kit or lift kit. These modifications increase ground clearance and […]
- RECOILtv: BC Customs SXV Side-by-SideIn this RECOILtv episode, George and Raul from Fieldcraft Survival take the BC Customs SXV out for a spin in the desert, and fire its mounted weapon systems.
- RECOILtv: 2018 Tundra Supercharged Overland TruckIn this RECOILtv episode, Mike Glover chats with Travis Hess, the owner of a heavily-modified and supercharged 2018 Toyota Tundra overland truck.
- RECOILtv: Off-Roading at the 2019 Overland ChallengeReferred to as an off-road rally race, the 2019 Overland Challenge was a three-day event that took place in North Carolina. It included mud bogs, rock crawls, and tight trail sections that […]
- Cold War Combatants: Essential Preps for Winter DrivingAs we approach the coldest months, it’s a good idea to update your vehicle emergency kit and get your car checked and prepared for winter driving.
- Video: Comparing Car Jump StartersIn this video, Project Farm bought eight different portable vehicle jump starters and evaluated each of them based on a variety of realistic tests.
- RECOILtv: UBCO 2×2 Electric Utility BikeWith a two-wheel drive system based on nearly-silent electric motors, the UBCO 2×2 electric utility bike can move you and your gear efficiently over long distances.
The post RecoilTV: Brownells ADR Overland Jeep Build appeared first on RECOIL OFFGRID.